- Augusto Borges Ferreira
- Serra da Mantiqueira, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Terra Nova – Yellow Catuai
- Boa Vista – Red Catuai
- Santa Clara – Yellow Catuai
- Fortaleza Capadocia – Yellow Catucai
- Terra Nova – Sweet & Balanced, Yellow Fruits, Almond
- Boa Vista – Intense & Heavy Body, Pomelo Skin, Almond
- Santa Clara – Sweet & Winey, Grapes, Berries
- Fortaleza Capadocia – Clean, Milk Chocolate, Bright Acidity
- Anaerobic: Grape, Nuts, Ferment
A longstanding part of our Direct Trade Program. When we sourced this coffee, we had one goal in mind – to develop a coffee with very high sweetness and solid body.
The opportunity came during our 2016 sourcing trip, when we met Sr Ferreira, who runs a small farm in the highlands. The altitude is ideal for the latitude and soil a rich orange. An unrelenting focus on flavor intensity, 100% of the farm’s coffees are processed naturally, basking in the warm glow of Brazil’s sun.
After we pushed new ideas regarding drying and fermentation, the result is an almost honey-like sweetness and rich body. We purchased the entire batch.
With those proceeds, the farm now boasts color sorters for selection, resting tanks and a greenhouse for controlled drying. In 20178, the farm placed Seventh in the prestigious Brazil Cup of Excellence – a spectacular result for the small farm, and testament to the results we can achieve with our producers.
For a Sustainable Future
- Environmental: Water Preservation, Forest Conservation
- Economic: Value Creation
- Social: Fair Trade