- Pre-heat espresso machine for 5-10 min before brewing.
- Fill the portafilter with 22g* of finely ground coffee.
- Gently tap the bottom of the portafilter to settle the grinds and get rid of any air pockets.
*Depends on your desired concentration.
- Gently even out the top of the grinds so there is not a mound shape.
- Hold the portafilter on the benchtop and make sure that it is parallel to the bench, while holding the tamp in the other hand with the thumb facing down.
- Place the tamp-holding arm at a 90-degree angle to the bench and press down slowly and evenly.
- Push double shot button to release some hot water through the group head and lock in the portafilter.
- Place cup(s) under portafilter then push double shot button to extract coffee.
- There you have double espresso!
- For milk-based coffee, steam the milk until the temperature reaches around 58°C. Ideally the texture of milk should be velvety with micro-foam and no large bubbles whilst no clear distinction between milk and foam.
- Then, pour the milk into your coffee cup.